Pay per click is now a smash hit advertising medium amongst all advertisers online. But the facts comes out when they measure ROI (return on investment) through their PPC/Pay per click marketing campaign. The key thing is where people do mistake while running a pay per click campaign?
The basic problem starts since the first step has taken. The initiative questions for any pay per click campaign setup are:
What are they key product keywords to advertise?
Who are your target customers or visitors?
Is there any demographic or geographic boundaries for your product or services offered?
Who are your competitors?
The keywords and Ad Copies of your competitors to study.
Once we have the answers and sketches of all above points we are now ready to setup a pay per click campaign. Now you are thinking that I haven’t talked about Ad networks. The Ad networks I use are Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing and Adcenter. There are a lot of others like Miva, Clickriver and much more, but I rarely use them.
The best way to find a best ad network for you is to search your keywords for your competitor.
Here are few tips for optimizing your PPC Ads. Please observe these:
1. Create a list with all possible keywords that fit to your product, service or business field. The more the better. So you will get also a lot of keywords which you must pay for only the minimal commandment of 5 cents.
2. Benefit from misspelling in order to find keywords which your competitors did not think of. For example if you have a emergency service , do not only bid for “emergency” but also for “imergency”, “imergensy” or “immergency”.
3. The position of the Adwords-ad is determined not only by the maximum click price that you are ready to spend. Google evaluates also the relevancy of the displayed ad in order to position the Adwords-ads. The more clicks your ad receives, the higher it gets listed.
4. The headline in the Ad must catch the viewers attention. If you implement the keyword in the header line, you receive considerably more clicks onto your ad.
5. In the ad-text mention one or two reasons, why the internet user should click on it. Which problem solves your product or service? Do you offer a product at a cheaper price or do you ship without the dispatch charges?
6. Avoid price wars at which a competitor and you attempt to outdo the click price for a keyword continuously mutually. You only see to it that the click price fires into the sky. It is better to find search-terms which consist of several words and which are more precise.
7. Use “excluding keywords”. Those ones are keywords for which your ad is supposed not to appear. In this way you do not have to pay for clicks, when somebody is searching for free stuff or only for a pamphlet.
8. Construct for every keyword and for everyone of your Ads an own landing-page. There you can offer especially that which the Internet-user searched for.
9. An own landing-page beside has also the advantage that you can measure exactly how many customers a specific Keyword and a specific ad brought in. You can optimize your displays continuously in this way and increase the purchase rate.
10. Update your AdWords-ads at specific events or holidays, for example to the New Year, Valentine, Easter or Christmas.
11. Be conservatively in the selections of the countries and the languages’ in which your AdWords ads are supposed to appear.
12. The Google ads are also displayed on partner sites of Google. If your AdWords ad costs too much and/or goes for too little profit, then interrupt the option that lets announce your ad also on the partner sites of Google.
So, Since now take your PPC Ads as a method of branding and source of important data of your customer. So, now better think of PPC as an Advertising Medium rather that looking at ROI.
For more queries feel free to contact me through any medium. Rest I’ll mention in my next blog.