Right Way of Commercialization of communication
Hi All. Last time we had a big discussion about “Is it right to commercialize the communication channels?”. After so much views and facts I came to know that it’s absolutely right to commercialization of communication channels.
Here are the facts that why commercialization of communication channels required:
· They are offering services free. If they ask for membership, a huge mass will not be able to join.
· It’s need for survival of Communication channels like social media, and other online mediums.
· The promoters objective eventually behind social media business model is to generate revenue and it can be only done through commercialization.
· To make any platform more interactive it’s must required to have some third party application, services and any other items (decorative).
· The maintenance of social media sites and other communication channel require man behind that as well as technology and this need money.
· To market themselves via advertisements and other media channels.
All above facts lead to commercialization of communication. As being a user (of course Free) I don’t have any objection with social media channels. As soon as my profile concern I will say no to ads (especially for potency pills and some other craps). A social media presence of me belongs to me. I spend my time and skills to grow my network there. If I’ll not put my efforts there then there is no point for media owners to earn from my profile. So the concept behind is that communication channels are earning because end user is putting their efforts. And in return they give the irritation.
I’ve conducted a survey on my blog with question “Is it right to commercialize the communication channels?” I am attaching the screenshot of survey result:
So, above we seen that commercialization of communication is mandatory if we want to use free services. So, now it leads to other question that how it should be done?
First here is the question that needs to be think:
- Do you ever think of Ad type on your profile?
- How does product/service relate to the individual & community profiles?
- Are the Ads irritating visitor or profile owner?
- Does Ads are capable to engage and entertain people?
- Does Ad meets the channel theme?
- What user’s will get through an Ad?
Now you can rate your commercialization practice on above criteria. Take the example of “Facebook”. This is one of the leading social media channels. Have you noticed how much applications you have on your profile due to various requests and fun activity? If any user is active user on facebook he/she have numerous of application installed on their profile. But people use it due to friends and finally the learn to ignore. This is how your Ad perform. So, we should understand that on particular network why people come. Same with other channels. That’s why multiple of new channels are coming into limelight.
Here are some other dimensions:
- Do user have control over Ad type on their profile?
- Do user can control Ad placement and other behaviors on their page?
- Does user get anything from displaying Ads?
- Are user really want every time potency pills and girls?
- Does user and Ads have any relation?
We need to understand that till what extend we should commercialize the channel. Take example of Wikipedia. Wiki has asked for donation and gets because of it’s gentle behavior and quality that it’s provide to end user. I agree that paid membership will not be possible but if you ask user to put ad on their profile for your listed objective they’ll never deny.
Channel strategists should understand that user is growing network and spending time so they are earning. Either give flexibility to user or provide money share to them as if anybody puts hoardings on their home they earn. The survey result I have, is clearly saying what user wants.
Nobody has problem with commercialization but being blind is a drawback. You can see mass decline on social media sites as new channels are coming.The user is least bothered about those Ads but they are emotionally attached to their profiles. A clear strategy and ad control is solution and if you don’t then share money with users. If both of methods you don’t like soon you’ll taste the chilies, as your competitors are looking for drawbacks.